The ACLU of Utah seeks a Development and Finance Coordinator to join its team in the fight for civil rights and individual liberties. As a state affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, the ACLU of Utah operates through a model of integrated advocacy using litigation, legislative efforts, policy advocacy, and community engagement as mutually supportive tactics to advance civil rights for everyone in Utah. We are looking for a flexible team player who has patience, emotional intelligence, cultural competency, and an anti-racist perspective.
Download this job listing as a (PDF)
Posted: September 16, 2020
The Development and Finance Coordinator will work under the supervision of both the Development Director and the Director of Finance & Administration. This position will facilitate a diverse base of funding for the ACLU of Utah, including planning and implementing special events. The position will also support the Director of Finance & Administration in fulfilling the fiscal management responsibilities of the office.
• Assist the Development Director to identify, cultivate, and solicit sources of funds and gifts;
• Utilize the organization’s databases and tracking systems to ensure appropriate donor stewardship and financial accounting including:
o Process acknowledgements;
o Routine gift data entry;
o Maintain and run reports from database;
• Track and manage financial requirements of memberships;
• Cultivate and manage a unique portfolio of donors with annual giving levels determined by the Development Director;
• Under the Development Director’s supervision, lead special event organizing and planning. Assist the Development Director with planning the annual Liberty Dinner;
• Conduct month-end reconciliation of donations in Development and Finance databases;
• Attend and take minutes during Development Committee meetings of the Board of Directors;
• Maintain internal controls and accurate financial records;
• Support the Director of Finance & Administration in preparation for the annual fiscal audit;
• Maintain accurate records in accounting database including:
o Enter accounts payable and print checks as needed;
o Supervise credit card expense report preparation by staff and enter completed reports into accounting database;
o Track shared expenses between the Union and Foundation and prepare transfer requests monthly;
• Attend and take minutes during Finance & Investment Committee
meetings of the Board of Directors;
• Plan and execute the organization’s annual community appreciation and member events.
• Assist with community outreach events that relate to fundraising as needed.
• Perform additional tasks as required to support the Development Director and the Director of Finance & Administration.
• Experience using databases.
• Attention to detail and ability to reconcile data from separate systems.
• Experience achieving attendance and fundraising goals at events.
• Event planning for large and small groups.
• At least one year of Salesforce experience including designing/running reports and data entry.
• At least one year of QuickBooks experience, including entering Accounts Payable, running Profit/Loss and Balance Sheet reports.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $40,000-48,000, depending on experience. Excellent benefits include paid time off, 12 weeks of parental leave, medical and dental coverage, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, robust professional development support, and a 401(K) with employer matching contribution that vests after one year of employment.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
The ACLU of Utah is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage and greatly value applications from all qualified individuals without regard to arrest or conviction, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability or veteran status.
About the ACLU of Utah:
Founded in 1958, the ACLU of Utah is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization that utilizes legal, legislative, and public education approaches to fight for individual rights and fundamental freedoms. Our mission is to defend and promote the fundamental principles and values embodied in the Bill of Rights and the U.S. Constitution, including reproductive freedom, immigrant rights, free speech, racial justice, privacy, religious liberty, LGBTQ rights, and more. For more information, please visit www.acluutah.org
Download this job listing as a (PDF)
# # #