The ACLU depends on you! The more members we have, the stronger our voice for liberty, justice, and equality. Help defend our most fundamental freedoms at a state and national level by becoming a member today!
We currently have nearly 7,500 proud card carrying members in Utah. The more members we have the stronger of a voice we have at the state legislature to advocate to protect your rights. Become a member now!
By becoming a member you will receive:
- A membership to both the ACLU of Utah and the national ACLU
- Bi-annual ACLU of Utah newsletters
- An official ACLU membership card
REASONS TO JOIN THE ACLU
- 1. We stand on principle. The ACLU stands up for the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the rule of law — regardless of the repercussions.
- 2. We've been defending freedom for over nine decades. Founded in 1920, the ACLU has been at the center of nearly every major civil liberties battle of the last 90 years, and time after time, our work has played a defining role in protecting and advancing individual rights and the rule of law.
- 3. We protect the personal freedoms you cherish. The ACLU protects every person's private decisions about what to believe and say, if and how to worship, who to love, and when and whether or not to have children.
- 4. We defend freedom every day all across America in every state. Through our ACLU affiliates in all 50 states, the ACLU is involved in thousands of cases every year helping people stand up for their rights in communities all across America.
- 5. We take on politicians and government officials who ignore the Constitution and put liberty at risk. We don't answer to polls or the whims of the electorate. That's why ACLU legislative advocates and policy experts work tirelessly to change laws and government actions that violate the Constitution. We get out the facts, and when our freedoms are on the line, we mobilize grassroots support to protect our civil liberties.
- 6. We've participated in more cases before the Supreme Court than any other private organization. From defending freedom of speech to protecting reproductive freedom to expanding equal protection under the law, the ACLU has been involved in one landmark Supreme Court case after another.
- 7. Every day, we act on the principle that no one is above the law. In America, no one is above the law. The ACLU challenges abuses of power that undermine our democracy and holds those who break the law and violate the Constitution accountable.
- 8. We believe in an America that is both safe and free. There are always those in powerful positions who wrongly insist that we must trade away our fundamental freedoms to secure our safety. No organization challenges that idea more effectively than the ACLU.
- 9. The ACLU challenges intolerance and bigotry wherever we find it. We work to root out any and all attempts to deny people the equal protection under the law that the Constitution guarantees.
- 10. We are a citizen-supported organization with card-carrying members from every corner of the United States. The ACLU's work is sustained by over half a million active members and supporters who play a powerful role in defending freedom by taking action and providing financial support.