The American Civil Liberties Union of Utah seeks to hire a passionate and innovative Development & Finance Coordinator to assist in the acquisition, recording, and tracking of donations to the American Civil Liberties Union of Utah.
Job Posting: Development & Finance Coordinator
The Development & Finance Coordinator is a full-time, exempt, & salaried position that will primarily report to the Development Director and work with the Finance & Administrative Director to assist with finance record keeping and reports. This position has a 6-month probationary period with the potential of continuation upon completion of an employee evaluation at the 6-month mark.
Download this application as a (PDF)
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
The ACLU of Utah is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer base with diverse personal and professional backgrounds and lived experience enhances our ability to meet our mission and creates an environment where all members of our community can thrive. We strongly encourage and greatly value applications from women, people of color, immigrants, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, those who have been formerly incarcerated, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
Position Overview and Functions:
The Development & Finance Coordinator provides support and coordination for the Development Department to acquire and process donations as well as generate reports.
The ACLU of Utah Development & Finance process is an integral part of the administrative work at our nonprofit and provides the support necessary to protect the civil liberties of all individuals in Utah. The Development & Finance Coordinator helps maintain healthy relationships with ACLU members and donors through stewardship and finance accounting. Under the director of the Director of Finance & Administration, the Development & Finance Coordinator will help in the record keeping of annual fiscal information.
Specifically, the Development & Finance Coordinator will:
- Under the Development Director’s supervision, lead special fundraising event organizing and planning;
- Assist the Development Director with planning the annual Liberty Dinner and oversee planning for the Member meeting;
- Utilize the organization’s databases and tracking systems to ensure appropriate donor stewardship and finance accounting:
- Process acknowledgements;
- Batch small donations and enter into database;
- Run requested reports;
- Manage a unique portfolio of donors with annual giving levels determined by the Development Director;
- Maintain accurate records in accounting database including:
- Enter accounts payable;
- Supervise credit card expense report preparation by staff members and enter completed reports into accounting database;
- Participate in monthly reconciliation meeting for Development and Finance databases;
- Support the Director of Finance & Administration in preparation for the annual fiscal audit;
- Attend and take minutes during Finance & Investment Committee meetings and Development Committee meetings of the Board of Directors.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 1 year experience with fundraising or equivalent development experience;
- Experience with event planning, organizing, and execution;
- Strong writing, analytic, and time-management skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as diplomatic skills;
- Database and record-keeping proficiency, including donor database/CRM experience;
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented with strong follow-through and the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor information;
- The ability, on occasion, to work evenings, weekends, and irregular hours. Some travel may be required;
- A firm commitment to the mission and principles of the ACLU;
- A commitment to diversity- a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, ability, involvement with the criminal legal justice system, and socio-economic circumstance;
- Ability to regularly come into the office in person, while following COVID 19 health and safety protocols, to process intakes received via mail.
Strong candidates will also have:
- Previous experience with and an understanding of the philanthropic culture and community in Utah;
- Experience with solicitation of gifts for an advocacy or community-based organization;
- Proficiency in Salesforce;
- Proficiency in QuickBooks;
- Finance experience or education.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits include: generous paid time off, medical, vision, and dental insurance, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution that vests after one year of employment.
Download this application as a (PDF)
Application review will begin in November and will continue until the position is filled
Founded in 1958, the ACLU of Utah is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization that utilizes legal, legislative, and public education approaches to fight for individual rights and fundamental freedoms. Our mission is to defend and promote the fundamental principles and values embodied in the Bill of Rights and the U.S. Constitution, including reproductive freedom, immigrant rights, free speech, racial justice, privacy, religious liberty, LGBTQ rights, and more. For more information, please visit www.acluutah.org