We are hosting an Open House for those who have expressed interest in getting involved in civil liberties work in Utah!
Ready to MOBILIZE for civil liberties?
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 6
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Centro Civico Mexicano
(155 S. 600 W., SLC, Utah 84101)
Thanks to all of you who reached out to us in recent weeks to offer your time, energy and commitment for making Utah a more fair, just and welcoming place for all people. We had over 100 people contact us in November to ask about volunteering with the ACLU!
We want to meet you in person, hear about your concerns and issue interests, and strategize with you about how we can work together to make a difference.
Don't be intimidated by the two-hour time frame! This will not be a presentation where we talk AT you. We want to hear FROM you, talk WITH you and make actual plans together for what lies ahead. We'll frontload most of the "information" stuff in the first hour of the meeting, and concentrate the planning and strategizing in the second hour of the meeting. So if you can't stay the whole time, feel free to drop in and catch what you can. Every little bit of involvement and awareness benefits civil liberties and social justice in our communities.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT ON DEC. 6:
- Meet members of the ACLU of Utah staff!
- Learn about what we are already doing and how you can help!
- Pick up information listing which community organizations offer bystander training so you know how to responsibly engage when you witness harassment and intimidation!
- Share your ideas about how you can help our community!
- Get info about other community groups that need your support!
- Plan “Protests 101” and other Know Your Rights trainings for 2017!
- Leave this meeting with some solid action steps for making positive change!
- Oh, also, some light snacks to fuel your passion...
Anyone is welcome to join us (children included) for this interactive Volunteer Mobilization Open House, hosted at Centro Civico Mexicano, one of our valued community partners in the area of immigrants' rights. Come prepared to participate, not just listen. We want to leave with some action plans, next steps and excitement about what we can accomplish together!